You know your spouse is obsessed with Land Rovers if:
- He walks up to every Land Rover he sees on the street and gives it a good look-in.
- He waves to other Land Rover drivers or gives them the thumbs up and then gets upset if they don’t reciprocate.
- He chooses his parking spot based on its proximity to another Land Rover.
- He posts angry comments on the Land Rover Facebook page about the proposed concepts for the new Defender. Repeatedly.
You know it’s serious when:
- Your two year old can identify other Rovers on the road (“That’s a little bit like our car.”).
- He also tells you that his “favourite toy is a Land Rover.”
- You start waving at other Land Rover drivers too, without even knowing it. (If this has happened to you too, please contact me and tell me I’m not alone. I beg you.)
Despite my tendency to poke fun at my dear husband, I must confess that I’ve actually become quite fond of our Land Rover Discovery. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a pain and a half to get in and out of for a short Asian female like myself, but I genuinely enjoy driving it (though possibly not parking it) and we really do have a lot of fun in it.
Like when we drove to the middle of nowhere back in July, disembarked and spent our family time exploring a little known fire trail. It was completely spontaneous, unplanned and almost uneventful, but it was somehow just lots of fun. (Plus, the boot of our Discovery seriously does lend itself to being the best portable nappy changing table ever, which is handy when you have three kids in nappies.)
What car is your better half obsessed with?