Project Life, Weeks 18 & 19

Project Life by Rhonda Mason/Pink Ronnie (www.pinkronnie.com)

This week, I’m finally pulling together my collection of Project Life templates and getting them ready for the new site. This has been on the cards for a long time now, so I’m pretty excited it’s actually happening. How are you all your Project Life albums coming along this year? I’m about five or six weeks behind on mine, but intend to simply do two weeks at a time in order to catch up so I’m not particularly fazed. I hope you guys are still interested in seeing my Project Life pages because I intend to keep sharing them! Even though they’re not particularly fancy, I hope that by sharing my layouts on a semi-regular basis, it might encourage you guys to keep plodding along with your own album as well. When I find my enthusiasm flagging, I simply remind myself that these aren’t just for me – they’re ultimately for our entire family…

Project Life by Rhonda Mason/Pink Ronnie (www.pinkronnie.com)

What happened in Weeks 18 and 19?
Nothing out of the ordinary happened in these two weeks. On one of the Monday mornings, I took Pete and Bear out for a hot brunch while the other two were at school and preschool. And on one of the Saturday evenings, we went up to North Head and enjoyed a delicious Miss Chu Vietnamese dinner in our car. As we ate, we watched the sky go from silver to pink to purple to black. That was a beautiful night.

How were the photos taken and processed?
All photos were taken on my Fujifilm x100s and processed with VSCO Film. You can read more about how I edit my photos here.

Project Life by Rhonda Mason/Pink Ronnie (www.pinkronnie.com)

Favourite photos from Weeks 18 and 19?
For Week 18, I love the photos I took up at North Head as they’re so dark and full of drama. I also like the photo of Pete having his midday nap in the lounge room (top right of the first page), as it’s such an honest snapshot of our family life. For Week 19, I’m very happy with the self-portraits that I managed to capture, and I love the silhouette photo I took of my mum helping to get Jamie dressed and ready for bed (top right of the last page).

Project Life by Rhonda Mason/Pink Ronnie (www.pinkronnie.com)

Number of extra pages and inserts?
I had a 6×12 insert for both weeks, with written details of each day’s events. I also had a couple extra 8×10 inserts for each week.

Overall thoughts?
To be completely honest, I love the first and last pages I’ve shown here but I’m not a huge fan of the middle two (mainly because they’re busier than I would ideally like them to be). But you know what? It doesn’t really matter, because the important thing is that I’ve captured and documented our family’s memories and that has to be more important than striving for perfectionism in every page.

Supplies used?
Becky Higgins Design A page protector; Kodak 210gsm glossy premium photo paper. All photos printed on the Canon MG6360 Pixma using genuine Canon ink.

Please feel free to leave a link to your latest Project Life post if you’d like to share.

Other posts you might be interested in reading:
My thoughts on the Fujifilm Finepix x100s
My weekly Project Life process from beginning to end
Tips on taking photos for Project Life
What you need to get started with Project Life

(You can read all my Project Life posts here.)

Sally July 30, 2014 at 12:12 pm

I’m very intrigued about the templates you are talking about. Have you got more details to share (or that I’ve missed previously)?

Pink Ronnie July 30, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Hey Sally,
We’re launching our LIFE:CAPTURED site soon, and it will have my journaling card templates for people to purchase. I’ll post more details closer to the launch date. There will also be templates for my story books.

Sally July 30, 2014 at 1:56 pm

That sounds fabulous. Can’t wait to hear more!

Lucy July 30, 2014 at 12:29 pm

I’m about five weeks behind but it’s my boys that keep me determined to continue it! They ask to see the “album” all the time and treat it with such reverence and respect. I caught my four year old the other day looking at photos from a couple of months ago and he sighed and said to my two year “that was such a good day”. Their reaction to the memories and stories captured mean the world even if a particular spread isn’t up to my standards! Thank goodness for the perspective children bring!

Pink Ronnie July 30, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Wow, that is SO cool, Lucy!
My boys love looking through their Project Life albums and their photo books as well. When I feel like giving up, I think of them and soldier on…

Kathy July 30, 2014 at 12:42 pm

I love that first page too…..Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

rachel del grosso July 30, 2014 at 1:46 pm

your spreads are always so dark and moody and i just love that. it’s something i’ve never been able to accomplish. i need to try my hand at more silhouette shots i think! as always, ronnie, you’re inspiring me to try something new!

Korien July 30, 2014 at 6:37 pm

And I love the second spread (one of your not-favourites). The colours are amazing!

Heike July 30, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Dear Ronnie,
Your Project Life pages are always so expressive and I will never become tired of seeing them. I love the two pages in the middle too, they are somehow more dynamic but fitting still so well together. Thank you also for your photography tips of previous posts. I am not a good photographer, which means I am not a photographer at all but I like taking photos and trying out your tips make already a difference. Thanks for sharing your creativity, your moments of happiness and sorrow and your incredible courage and determination. Your are really an amazing women.

Fiona July 30, 2014 at 10:57 pm

Your pages are so lovely. Dark and moody, with lots of pictures of you and family members. Gorgeous. I am so far behind with my PL, I’ve barely started. I really wanted to keep on top of it, but a failed hard drive that I couldn’t repair for a couple of months ruined my momentum. I’ve been tackling the pages sporadically, but I need to get back on track. Thanks for continuing to share!

Pink Ronnie August 1, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Hardware issues are the worst! I totally empathise, as I’ve had one of my drives at a data recovery place for over a month now…

Kym July 30, 2014 at 11:02 pm

I love your project life pages… I wish I had the skills and the time :)

Marta July 30, 2014 at 11:56 pm

So glad you keep sharing your pages. It makes me happy when I see them on my feed.
I must say that the 2nd page is my favorite although is busier. I think it is simply stunning. The colors are beyond amazing.
Here is a link of my last update if you want to visit :D : http://martualterada.blogspot.com.es/2014/07/project-life-abril-ocho-freebies.html
Have a lovely day!

Pink Ronnie August 1, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Thanks for your sweet and encouraging words, Marta. Your pages are absolutely beautiful. So fresh, vibrant and full of gorgeous little details.

Ellinor August 1, 2014 at 5:59 am

Hi :)
I have been following your blog for å while now, so I guess its about time I leave a comment. Your PL pages are really beautiful and a true inspiration for me.
I am new to PL-making and I really like your clean style. I recently started a 2010/2011-album, and my plan is to be up to date by the time my baby is born. But he is due in less than 2 months, so I guess my goal should be up to date by the time my maternity leave is over :-p
Here is my latest blogpost if you want to see some of my pages: http://spesiellinor.femelle.no/2014/07/31/fotoalbum-var-2011/
The post is in Norwegian unfortunately, but there is a google translate button on the right side so you can read it in (a little weird) english.

best regards, Ellinor

Pink Ronnie August 1, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Hello Ellinor,
It’s so lovely to have you here. A big congratulations on your pregnancy! I had a peek at your pages earlier today and think you’re doing such a lovely job.
Hope the last two months go beautifully for you.