Project Life, Week 8

Project Life by Rhonda Mason/Pink Ronnie (www.pinkronnie.com)

How I love rainy Friday evenings. They make me nostalgic for the week that has been, and excited for the weekend ahead About forty minutes ago, we finished eating out roast chicken dinner, and the boys are now tucked up, all cosy and warm, into their beds. Rick has already cleaned the kitchen and the meals area, which means we now have an entire evening before us – free to do whatever we want. Sounds amazing, I know, but the reality is that Rick needs to keep working and I will be filing, budgeting and reconciling bank accounts. (Yay! Not.) I’m also hoping to draft up an action plan in preparation for Bear’s baptism and first birthday celebration in a week’s time. I’ve already snuck in a power nap, so hopefully it’s all full steam ahead for this cold Friday night. (If I don’t procrastinate, I get to eat a Ferrero Raffaello. That’s the deal.)

Anyway, ever since I broke through that wall, I’ve been able to re-establish a good rhythm with our Project Life album. I’ve even managed to catch up on two months of journaling and photos for each of the boy’s individual albums, so I’m feeling pretty happy about my memory-keeping efforts as of this moment. Definitely looking forward to taking it a bit more easily this month…

Project Life by Rhonda Mason/Pink Ronnie (www.pinkronnie.com)

What happened in Week 8?
Pete’s fourth birthday! I baked a cake, and we had grandparents over for a celebratory afternoon tea. The day after that, it was the Lens & Layout workshop, so I guess you could said it was a pretty big week.

How were the photos taken and processed?
All photos were taken with my Fujifilm X100S and edited using VSCO Film in Aperture.

Favourite photos from Week 8?
Definitely the top two photos of Pete on the first page. It was Rick’s idea to cover him up with streamers, and I thought he looked so very cute. Gosh I love that boy.

Number of pages and inserts?
I had four 8×10 inserts and one 8×8 insert.

Overall thoughts?
I love all the pops of colour against the white backgrounds. The spread looks very fun, and it’s one that always makes me smile when I’m flipping through the album.

Supplies used?
Becky Higgins Design A page protector; Kodak 210gsm glossy premium photo paper. All photos printed on the Canon MG6360 Pixma using genuine Canon ink.

Please leave a link to your latest Project Life post if you want! I would love a peek.

Other posts you might be interested in reading:
My weekly Project Life process from beginning to end
Tips on taking photos for Project Life
What you need to get started with Project Life

You can read all my Project Life posts here.

Diane April 4, 2014 at 3:24 pm

your layouts are so beautiful. I love the simplicity of your style.

Pink Ronnie April 5, 2014 at 3:50 am

You’re sweet – thanks Diane!

sarah April 5, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Yep, those first few capture of Pete are gorgeous, Ronnie! Such beautiful colours throughout.

Sar xx

Pink Ronnie April 6, 2014 at 6:58 am

Oh, thanks Sar…

Kathy April 6, 2014 at 3:02 am

Glad you’ve found your rhythm again, it was not surprizing that you just got burnt out from doing too much (all good stuff of course but it’s full on). Your layouts look amazing and I take my hat of you being a busy mother and doing all of this. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

Pink Ronnie April 6, 2014 at 6:59 am

Thanks Kathy, really appreciate how encouraging you always are.

eric April 7, 2014 at 6:11 am

Hey Ronnie!
As always: beautiful work. Can you share with me which VSCO film you use on Aperture?

Pink Ronnie April 7, 2014 at 6:14 am

Hi Eric,
Sorry I know you’ve asked me this before – my answer mustn’t have come through.
I have both VSCO Film 01 and Film 02 but lately, I’ve simply been applying the Faded/Contrast + setting (it’s in the Toolkit) which I think is part of any VSCO pack that you buy. Does that make sense?

Marcia Francois April 9, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Ronnie, I love your layouts – so uncluttered and clean.

I can’t seem to figure out the VSCO app – seriously, I’ve tried about 3 times and I’m not normally bad with this type of thing.

Anyway, here is my latest.

I do monthly Project Life pages.

Pink Ronnie April 9, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Hello Marcia,
I didn’t realise you were doing Project Life too! I appreciate you sharing your links, and I just adore your simple approach – looks wonderful.

mel April 27, 2014 at 11:25 am

I have had such a lovely weekend reading through all of your project life posts. I have been at a loss these past four years in which direction I want my scrapbooks to take and your posts certainly gave me lots of inspiration.

Can I ask what fonts you like to use?

Pink Ronnie May 1, 2014 at 12:11 am

Hello Mel,
Sorry I missed this question!
I use Rockwell Light for everything except the journalling, which is a font called John Doe (though any grungy, handwriting font would work).
Hope that helps!