Project Life, Week 44

Project Life by Rhonda Mason/Pink Ronnie (www.pinkronnie.com)

Only eight weeks left to go until we wrap up 2013, and I’m so happy that I’ve been able to document another year’s worth of memories for our family. I had a couple of ‘blah’ weeks in October, when I simply didn’t feel inspired to take any photos but I pushed on nonetheless and I’m happy to say that I have at least 80% of my mojo back. Honestly, I’m incredibly thankful that doing Project Life ‘forces’ me to take photos of our everyday – I think back to our years together before having children and I truly would love to have some visual record of the everyday during that time. Obviously, I’m not going to dwell on this but I guess it’s just extra motivation for me to persevere with my photography even when I feel lazy about it. (You can click on each image for a slightly larger version.)

What happened in Week 44?
Time at home with the boys. Lots of watching Bear roll around on the floor – his main method of getting about these days. Rick picked and arranged a beautiful floral arrangement using kangaroo paw from our front garden. (Crazy, right? Talk about unexpected talents!) We discovered a new cafe and had fun taking photos inside the retro cinema next door. I developed an obsession for photographing wild greenery. We all went along to a first birthday party. And I finished writing my letter to Angus for his fifth birthday. Good times all round.

Project Life by Rhonda Mason/Pink Ronnie (www.pinkronnie.com)

How were the photos taken and processed?
All photos were taken on my iPhone 4S and processed with the VSCO Cam app.

Favourite photo(s) from Week 44?
That bottom photo of Bear on the first page, with his big brown eyes staring up at me as I held him during bedtime. Such a perfect capture of an daily ritual that makes me smile and ache all at once. And that photo of Jamie on the second page, sitting on the red cinema seats all by himself. You probably can’t see the detail, but he has the sweetest smile on his face. I adore it, even if it was the result of his attempt to charm the two old ladies across the room from us.

Project Life by Rhonda Mason/Pink Ronnie (www.pinkronnie.com)

Number of pages and inserts?
Just the usual two page layout – no inserts!

Overall thoughts?
I really love all the beautiful grey light contrasting with the yellows, greens and reds. I also love how the pops of colour are all similarly bright and rich in their tone.

Supplies used?
Becky Higgins Design A page protector; Kodak 210gsm glossy premium photo paper. All photos printed on the Canon MG6360 Pixma using genuine Canon ink.

If you’ve recently shared a Project Life post on your blog, feel free to leave a link below.

Other posts you might be interested in reading:
My weekly Project Life process from beginning to end
Tips on taking photos for Project Life
What you need to get started with Project Life

You can read all my Project Life posts here.

Project Life is a system created by Becky Higgins that is designed to simplify your efforts to document life and help get your photos into a book. To learn more about the product and how to get started, click here.

Caylee November 11, 2013 at 11:39 am

Ah I love your pops of colour. Love how you have such a defined photographic style, I’m still trying to get there.

This week is, like all the others, inspirational.

Fiona November 11, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Lovely week, Ronnie. I love all colour going on. I also appreciate being “forced” into taking pictures of our every day! Hugs xoxo

yin November 11, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Your PL pages are always so wonderful – each of your photos are like photo journals – so much art and story behind them.
I posted my PL two days ago – though you’d have to scroll quite far down to see them :) http://simplyyin.blogspot.sg/

Pink Ronnie November 11, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Love your bright layouts, Yin! Appreciate you sharing.

Corina Nika November 11, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Aw, bear on the first page is just so so cute!
the look on his face :)

juni November 11, 2013 at 10:35 pm

I’m glad you’ve pressed on too, Ronnie :) Such wonderful memories to look back on!

Jessica (Coco/Mingo) November 12, 2013 at 1:48 am

Just too gorgeous for words, Ronnie! I love how you document your family and I’m inspired to do the same once I have one of my own! So thank you for all this inspiration from your beautiful family! I can’t believe the year is almost over, right?!

Annis November 12, 2013 at 1:15 pm

I love how these project life pages look! Do you make them digitally? I am totally new to the concept, and i couldnt find the info on the links you provided. Would love to hear back from you how you make these wonderfull pages!

Pink Ronnie November 13, 2013 at 3:01 am

Hello Annis,
Thank you for visiting!
I add text to my images using Adobe InDesign and then I simply print each photo and slip them into the pockets. You can read about my entire process here:
Hope that helps,

Annis November 13, 2013 at 10:03 am

Thank you so much! I am going to read it tonight. You inspired me to make my owm PL when our baby girl comes in february :-)

Johanna November 12, 2013 at 1:18 pm

This spread really strikes a cord with (is that the right preposition?) me. As you said – the grey light in combination with bright pops of color, and of course, the sweetest boys and still lifes. Wonderful. I haven’t gone back to “trying” Project Life since those feeble (second) attempts I wrote about on my blog way back when, and I wonder if I will ever run with it because of that back story. But oh my, I love your documentation. Not just this, the entire bigger picture. Here’s to hoping I will either a) find my own visual voice to tell our stories or b) visit Australia to attend your workshop someday in order to get things sorted, planned and actually created.

Pink Ronnie November 13, 2013 at 3:01 am

I hope you discover your visual voice, Johanna, otherwise yes, please come to Australia so that we can meet in person! :)