Documenting the hour, 10am

{ A collaboration with Liz Tamanaha }

The tenth hour is all about the boys’ play time.

The television is off by this hour, and they are free to roam around the house and dream up all sorts of imaginary play. Sometimes they are fire fighters as they answer emergency calls on the red telephone in the lounge room. Sometimes they simply play hide-and-seek. Sometimes they are spacemen, taking off in their toy-tent-turned-space-shuttle. Sometimes they are a family going on a picnic, and the couch is their four wheel drive. Sometimes they choose books to read. Sometimes they want to draw. Sometimes they want to make things. Sometimes they build entire cities with their blocks and train tracks. Sometimes they are hiding from scary bears under the dining table. Sometimes they are bears hiding under the dining table.

As for me, the tenth hour is all about following the boys around, re-settling Edward if he attempts to wake up early from his morning nap (nice try, little man!), reading to the boys on the couch during a quiet moments, getting morning tea for the boys if they happen to remember that they need morning tea, and resolving all-important crises that involve missing Lego pieces or everybody wanting the same toy. As hard as I try not to, I inevitably end up checking emails and Instagram here and there, and every other day, you’ll find me on the couch with my eyes closed in exhaustion, willing the boys to play on their own amicably and without dispute so that I can catch a few minutes worth of sleep.

Such is life during the tenth hour at our home…

With the beginning of spring, the light at this hour is strong, bright and energising. One can’t help but feel cheerful with such gorgeous light filtering through the house…

And now, over to Liz’s post to see how she captured the tenth hour.

(You can see the rest of the series here.)

juni September 2, 2013 at 1:18 pm

this series is so enjoyable. love these little peeks into your lives, thank you for sharing such lovely photos and words! hoping that mama will get more rest while the little men run around

debie grace September 2, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Seems like a busy hour for the boys! I could not imagine myself being surrounded by lots of kids in a house with me being the only adult. So, I salute you, Ronnie! :)

liz September 2, 2013 at 2:28 pm

That first photo is my fave. Actually they are all favorites, I love the way you frame and capture moments. The tenth hour sounds like so much, your boys have such lively imaginations just like their mama.

Pink Ronnie September 5, 2013 at 9:18 pm

I actually think they are much more imaginative than me! Or maybe I’m just lacking the ability to be creative with the smaller, simpler things in life. I truly cherish their innocence at this age. It is so beautiful.

Jessica (Coco & Mingo) September 2, 2013 at 4:11 pm

I am in love with these photos, Ronnie! Your boys are so adorable, and you have a way of capturing all their innocence! ;) I love the photos with the natural light and shadows – amazing! beautiful!! xo

Jessica
cocoandmingo.com

Pink Ronnie September 5, 2013 at 9:20 pm

You always leave the sweetest messages, thanks Jessica!

Laura @ The Monster & Me September 2, 2013 at 9:04 pm

I love how their play seems to involve each other. Lovely images and words Ronnie. Hope today brings you a few peaceful moments on the couch come 10am.
x Laura

Pink Ronnie September 5, 2013 at 9:19 pm

LOL, Laura. Some days, I get to snooze. Some days, I don’t…. :)

Amanda September 4, 2013 at 12:11 pm

I love these posts of yours Ronnie and being able to picture a snapshot of your days with your sweet boys xx