Project Life, Week 35

Here’s something that I’ve learnt about myself in the last month or so: when I’m focused on a deadline, I tend to take very uninspiring photos which in turn directly impacts on my Project Life layouts. (Is it the same for you guys?) As a result, this week, I’ve been making a much more conscious effort to step back from the busyness in order to see the beauty amongst the chaos.

Another thing I’ve learnt: Rick’s iPhone 5 camera is way clearer than my iPhone 4S camera! Either that, or I’ve scratched my lens pretty badly over this last year. In any case, all Project Life layout photos will be brought to you courtesy of Rick’s iPhone from here on. Oh, and larger images are back! Just click on a photo to see a slightly bigger version…

What happened in Week 35?
This was the last week of winter here in Australia. It was also the week after my first Life:Captured workshop with Trish. I was completely shattered but so happy to return to our regular family routine back at home. In spite of the exhaustion, I soaked up every moment with the boys as best as I could. I took things slowly and mostly stayed at home, emerging on Friday to head to Dee Why for a nice morning off together.

How were the photos taken and processed?
All photos were taken on my iPhone 4S and processed with the VSCO Cam app.

Favourite photo(s) from Week 35?
My favourite photo would be the one I used in the title card. It was taken on Wednesday, when it was just Jamie, Edward and myself at home. I was lying on the floor in exhaustion (I kid you not) and Jamie had gone behind the couch to choose a book to read from the bookcase. It was too great a frame to miss – seriously love those little, chubby legs of his. A close second would be the shot of Edward just chilling on my studio couch while Jamie flipped through our family album.

Number of pages and inserts?
Just the usual two page layout, with an 8×10 insert. The 8×10 insert (not shown here) contained a photo of Jamie and Edward sitting in their high chairs together (very cute) and another photo of Jamie sitting on the floor of my studio whilst cutting up my old photos. (Yes, I’m training him up early in the art of Project Lifing!)

Overall thoughts?
I adore the bright colours in this layout. Just looking at it makes me cheerful. Together with the photos of the poppies, this spread clearly signals the last week of winter and the beginning of spring…

Supplies used?
Becky Higgins Design A page protector; Kodak 210gsm glossy premium photo paper. All photos printed on the Canon MG6360 Pixma using genuine Canon ink.

If you’ve recently shared a Project Life post on your blog, feel free to leave a link below.

Other posts you might be interested in reading:
My weekly Project Life process from beginning to end
Tips on taking photos for Project Life
What you need to get started with Project Life

You can read all my Project Life posts here.

Project Life is a system created by Becky Higgins that is designed to simplify your efforts to document life and help get your photos into a book. To learn more about the product and how to get started, click here.

liz September 6, 2013 at 12:41 pm

i love this!! i think i really need to do this, I have so many unorganized pictures that I want to share and get in an album of some sorts.

i’m off to read more about it :)

Pink Ronnie September 7, 2013 at 4:31 am

Let me know how you go Liz! Happy to answer any questions. This is seriously one of the best ways to get everyday photos into an album…

juni September 6, 2013 at 1:33 pm

beautiful as always!! the title card shot is definitely a winner

Marie September 6, 2013 at 2:12 pm

I saw your picture of Jamie’s legs on Instagram, and I just loved it, it is awesome. And now, I love it even more when I read the story of you laying on the floor in exhaustion! :-) Marie xoxo

Pink Ronnie September 7, 2013 at 4:32 am

LOL! Moral of the story: You can still take meaningful photos while crashed out on the floor…

linussally September 6, 2013 at 2:22 pm

I’ve been following your blog for more than a month and I’m so glad to have stumbled upon it! You have inspired me to start Project Life and I love your simple layouts. I don’t feel as guilty of not using embellishments, as you’ve shown how using photos that tell stories can be just as powerful, if not more. I also have to thank you for introducing me to the fabulous VSCO products. I now use the app and FILM to edit my photos, and they just pop!

That picture of Jamie’s chubby legs reminds me of my son’s thunder thighs when he was a baby… love baby fat =)

Pink Ronnie September 7, 2013 at 4:33 am

Hi Sally,
Wow, thanks so much for reading along and for your encouraging comment! I’m so glad you’ve found some of my posts helpful. I really do love simple, because it takes half the stress out of memory keeping.
Which VSCO film set did you get?
p.s. Thunder thighs are awesome!!

Linussally September 7, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Always appreciate when you take the time to reply to comments. I read somewhere on your blog that you use the film 01, and I looked at the samples on VSCO’s website. Looks like 01 is the most straight forward for my needs – to make our family pics somewhat nicer.

Hopefully one day I’ll have a memory keeping as organized as yours. You’re truly inspiring. Keep up the great work!

Mary September 6, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Very lovely week! Always enjoy when you share PL on your blog!

Pink Ronnie September 7, 2013 at 4:34 am

Thank you Mary! I’m going to try and be better at it…!

Erin September 7, 2013 at 4:33 am

Lovely as always! The quality is so good for an iPhone!

Erin

Amanda September 7, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Gorgeous layout for this week Ronnie (as always)… the orange and blue add such pops of colour to your already beautiful shots of your boys. I love the chubby legs shot too :)

I’ve spent much of my computer time this week poring over Project Life ideas. I am so eager to get started and to get back into the process of memory keeping for my family, something I used to do when I first got married but which has taken a back seat since my girls came along (an even more vital time to be memory keeping!!) I’m desperate to record all the daily happenings and precious memories of this stage of our life. I’ve spent lots of time this week on your blog, trying to get ideas, re-reading your tips and posts on your process of working with Project Life products etc… I sat down to email you several times, and that email has still not eventuated as I’ve been sidetracked by layout ideas :) Thank for all you share in these posts Ronnie, it’s really been helping me immensely in deciding upon what my memory keeping style is and what is going to work for me.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend xx

Pink Ronnie September 8, 2013 at 7:56 am

Oh Amanda, reading this made me feel so happy. So glad that this can be a place for you to come to and be inspired. Encouraging words like yours makes it much easier to persevere with blogging…

eric September 10, 2013 at 5:52 am

Hi Ronnie! I’m loving the latest layout! Thanks again for all of your inspiration & generous information! As asked, here’s a link to my latest digital Project Life post featuring some highlights from this summer. I hope you can see how you influenced my style! Keep up the good work.