Project Life, Week 29

Gosh, I’ve just realised how long it’s been since my last Project Life post! On a whim, I’ve decided to share Week 29 seeing as it’s the most recent week that I’ve worked on, and I’m still feeling all happy about it since it documented our week in Gerroa. As you can see, I used a lot of the photos from this post. Also, for those of you who read about my boys’ albums a while ago and have been patiently waiting for the next instalment, I just wanted to reassure you that I definitely haven’t forgotten about it, and that it’s on my never-ending to do list.

What happened in Week 29?
We went away for four nights, staying at a gorgeous house right next to the ocean. It was the same place we stayed the last time. I was pretty much sick the entire time we were there, waking up with the sorest throat every single morning, but I did my best to still have a good time with the family. We stayed in most days, drank endless cups of Milo, ate Crunchy Nuts cornflakes (our holiday cereal), warmed ourselves by the fireplace, read books, admired the headland and played lots of hide-and-seek with the boys. It was a truly refreshing time away.

How were the photos taken and processed?
All the photos were taken on my iPhone 4S camera and all were processed with the new VSCO Cam app. I mainly used the F2 preset, and if I felt that any of the faces were too washed out, I would decrease the exposure by one or two stops, which would always help to put some colour back into the skin. I have to say that the new VSCO Cam is amazing the way it handles exposure – it maintains the most brilliant detail. I am honestly even more in love with the app than I was before.

Favourite photo(s) from Week 29?
I adore the one of Angus kissing Edward’s head on the third page (see above). It was the most tender moment. The photo of the three big boys drinking milk at the same time at the bottom of the first page is also a favourite. It was pretty funny at the time – I love how in sync they are sometimes with each other.

Number of pages and inserts?
I decided to allow myself two spreads for Week 29, since there were so many lovely photos to choose from. What made it easy to choose only 31 photos was that I knew I would be making a holiday story book, in which I would be able to include heaps more photos.

Overall thoughts?
I really like the ‘colour blocking’ on the second page with the photo of the cereal and the photo of the grass. I also really like the look of the last page, especially how the first thing you see is Edward Bear’s big, chubby face and then from there you gradually notice all the colours and funny details in the other photos. Overall, the pages feel the same way as the holiday felt – calm and peaceful with pockets of fun and colour popping up here and there.

Supplies used?
Becky Higgins Design A page protector; Kodak 210gsm glossy premium photo paper. All photos printed on the Canon MG6360 Pixma using genuine Canon ink.

If you’ve recently shared a Project Life post on your blog, feel free to leave a link below.

Other posts you might be interested in reading:
My weekly Project Life process from beginning to end
Tips on taking photos for Project Life
What you need to get started with Project Life

You can read all my Project Life posts here.

(Sharing this post with The Mom Creative.)

Project Life is a system created by Becky Higgins that is designed to simplify your efforts to document life and help get your photos into a book. To learn more about the product and how to get started, click here.

Aimee July 30, 2013 at 10:18 am

It’s just breathtakingly beautiful! There is truly no need for embellishments on this spread. It’s honest and true but the colours blow my mind.

Sarah K July 30, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Get. Out. These are all iPhone photos???!!! I am just in awe. What a streamlined, clean look to your album! It’s a work of art in and of itself. So so cool!

Pink Ronnie July 31, 2013 at 10:14 am

Thanks Sarah K!! And appreciate you stopping by too.

Cerise July 30, 2013 at 2:42 pm

So lovely. Your pages and photos are so gorgeous. I love the picture of the backpack and it’s contents, such a great and simple addition.

Donna G. July 30, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Your beautiful photos inspire me to learn to use the VSCO app. Congrats to you, Ronnie, for having a calm and peaceful holiday! Sometimes we nearly kill ourselves trying to do everything while we’re on vacation. Calm and peaceful is way better!

Pink Ronnie July 31, 2013 at 10:18 am

The VSCO app is a must, Donna! ;)

Erin July 31, 2013 at 1:28 am

So lovely! Loved every page.

Elaine U. July 31, 2013 at 3:19 am

Your photos are stunning and so complementary to one another — you have a great eye for design. I always have trouble keeping my photos in color without them “competing” for attention. You do that so well.
Keep ‘em coming! :)

Pink Ronnie July 31, 2013 at 10:15 am

Thanks so much Elaine! One tip is to give yourself some breathing space in your photos, so that you can place a busy photo next to a not-so-busy photo without making the page feel too cluttered. :)

Fiona July 31, 2013 at 5:20 am

Beautiful pages. I love the small pops of colour! Edward is so cute and growing so fast. Of course, the milk shot is one of my favourites. I also like little Jamie’s face on the first page. We’ve had many a happy summer holiday in Gerroa, but I’ve never been in the winter. It’s such a beautiful spot! Hugs, Fi xoxo

Nirupama July 31, 2013 at 5:40 am

I love what you do! I am blogging a bit about your happy closet series (and how happy it made me) tomorrow, with link back of course. Hope that is okay!

I have a recent PL spread to share as well. thanks so much,

Pink Ronnie July 31, 2013 at 10:15 am

Look forward to reading your post!

Lisa Johnson July 31, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Thanks for your comment on my blog.
I ♥ how your spread is mostly pictures w/ just 1 journaling card.
It looks so crisp & clean.
Great spread!

Marie July 31, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Awesome layouts, as usual! I also love the picture of your 3 boys drinking their milk, I think it’s a must! :-) I have VSCO CAM on my iPhone, but I’m not sure it’s a new version. What is the difference between this one and the new one you speak about? How can I find it? Marie xoxo

Pink Ronnie July 31, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Hey Marie,
Search the app store for VSCO and you should see a new app with a new icon. Let me know if you can’t find it.

Marie August 4, 2013 at 11:55 am

Ronnie, I finally found the new VCSO app! It totally rocks, the new filters are awesome! Thank you so much for the advice and your help!
Marie xoxo

Melanie Britt August 5, 2013 at 11:07 am

I love your pages! Sorry you were feeling under the weather during your get away. Your photos look great! Crazy how much the iPhone spoils us! I adore the photos of your three big boys drinking milk and sitting in the chairs! So much fun.

I just finished up week 30. :)

Pink Ronnie August 7, 2013 at 5:22 am

Thanks Melanie! Love all the sweet photos of your children in Week 30.