My bloggy break

Yesterday was my birthday, and I got sick. Last year, on my birthday, I caught the flu. It seems like almost every year, somewhere in the middle of winter, my body decides that it has had enough. So it gives me the flu or a nasty cold, or something in between, in an attempt to force me to slow down and actually rest. This year, I am taking heed. Call it sick leave if you will, but I’ve decided to take at least a week away from the blog. I love this little space of mine, but I think a small break will do me good. Plus, it means I’ll be able to actually just focus on my family during this precious holiday period.

Never fear, though, I’m not leaving you empty-handed. Earlier this week, I finally finished building my thumbnail galleries. Just click on the four tabs above (memory keeping, photography, family & personal, and wardrobe) and you’ll see what I mean. It’s been a work-in-progress for quite some time now, so I’m stoked it’s finally complete. What it means for you is that you can now have some fun poking around my archives, and it’ll be a lot easier to refer to some of the old posts that I’ve written. I won’t lie. I found myself reading some of my old wardrobe posts, and couldn’t stop giggling.

In addition to the thumbnail galleries, here are some of oldies but goodies – posts which I still love to read from time-to-time as a reminder to not take myself too seriously:

Best pants ever
Confessions of a female driver
Fancy mum and angry baby
It had to happen
It had to happen. Again.
The glory & fun of the third trimester
This is my man
This is why I’m unco-ordinated
Will Google cure my muffin top?

Anyway, thanks to every single one of you for always being so understanding and supportive, and for still reading here. I will probably still be updating Instagram and Facebook, so feel free to follow along. But apart from that, I’ll see you all in a week’s time!

Have a wonderful seven days, my friends.

ps. For those of you thinking of taking part in the next linkup for Excerpts from my journal, this will take place on Monday 22 July at 9am EST.

corrabelle July 13, 2013 at 3:37 am

Enjoy your down time and the sweet moments you’ll have with your family! I cant wait to check out those new galleries!

Donna M July 13, 2013 at 3:42 am

Take care of yourself and enjoy a good rest:)

Elisa {With Grace & Eve} July 13, 2013 at 6:40 am

Take care Ronnie. Lovely to hear you are listening to your body – so wise. Enjoy your week xx

lea July 13, 2013 at 7:22 am

Enjoy your time off and get well soon!

suzy July 13, 2013 at 8:40 am

Happy birthday! And I hope you enjoy your break and that you’re feeling better soon. I know exactly what you mean about needing a a rest; I deleted all the social media apps from my phone at the school holidays – no instagram, facebook, twitter etc. It has been so good. Sometimes, for me, documenting and recording things stops me from fully engaging with them, so it’s been nice to just be in the moment and savouring the time with my children, rather than framing and filtering it to share with others. I think I’ll install the apps again when holidays are over, but it has been lovely to have a break.

Carin July 13, 2013 at 11:43 am

Happy belated birthday! Hope you feel better soon and enjoy your little time off

Amanda July 13, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Good on you for listening to your body and taking some well-deserved time out. Enjoy it, rest up and see you back here when you and refreshed and ready xx

Fiona July 13, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Have a great break, Ronnie, and enjoy some precious time with your family! Hugs, Fi xoxo

Kirsty July 13, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Happy belated birthday Ronnie. Enjoy the rest and time with your family.

Jane Y. July 16, 2013 at 4:07 pm

hope you had a good birthday and sending healing thoughts!

Marie July 17, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Have a nice break with your family Ronnie, and take care of you. Have some rest, some laugh, anything you want and need. Read you soon! Marie xoxo

Shelley July 19, 2013 at 5:04 am

I just discovered your blog a few days ago and I am really enjoying it. It has given me quite a bit of food for thought, especially when it comes to memory keeping and simplifying my life.
I was wondering if you would write about how you organize (i.e. tag, label, save, etc.) your photos and how you edit them (for example, to get a good picture of my 3 boys sometimes I take as many as 20 or more…I don’t want to transfer all of those to my computer and/or save that many to my computer). I could really use some help in this area.
I really hope you enjoying your break!

Pink Ronnie July 26, 2013 at 1:08 am

Hi Shelley,
Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by and that it’s lovely to have you here! At the moment I don’t have any immediate plans to blog about my photo organisation (I had wanted to in the past, but it became too laborious a post to write, which is why I decided to leave it for my workshop instead.) I do understand the dilemma of getting a good picture though. Sometimes I simply delete the ones I don’t like straight off the phone (I usually go through all my photos at the end of each day when I’m in bed). If they do get imported to my computer, I delete the obviously blurry ones and then save all the rest. I overcome the storage issue by systemically moving photo files off my computer and onto my external Drobo which can hold up to 16TB of data. Hope that helps a little!

Alli July 20, 2013 at 5:06 am

Have a lovely blogging break & I do hope you are feeling better soon x