Here it is. The giveaway I’ve been dreaming up for over half a year now. This is to thank you all, my dear wonderful friends, for reading along. It has been such a joy to write this blog for the last year, and I’ve truly been encouraged by those of you who’ve taken the time to leave me such warm and wonderful words. Even though it continues to evolve, I feel like I finally know what this blog is about, which, after ten years of simply meandering along, is no small feat. Anyway, I never really thought that I would have more than a handful of people reading here, so it humbles me to know that there are quite a number of you out there who actually return to my corner here on a regular basis. To you, I say – thank you. Your words of encouragement and support over this last year have meant the world to me. I know I’ve said it before, but really, you guys rock. (Big time.)
Naturally, this giveaway had to be about memory keeping. I’ve gathered some of my favourite items (most of which you would’ve seen in a project that I’ve blogged about), contacted my favourite suppliers and put together what I like to think of as the ultimate memory keeping giveaway. Well, not really. The ultimate memory keeping giveaway would be a lifetime supply of all my favourite products, but hey, this is a good start. I’ve called this one ‘The Classic Edition’ as I’ve chosen items using a classic palette of blacks, browns, and white. Basically, if you win this giveaway, you’ll be able to take on any (or all) of the memory keeping projects that I’ve blogged about so far, including an entire Project Life album. For sure, this giveaway has been a labour of love, and I’m so excited for the person who’s going to win this because, seriously, this is going to be awesome. And not just because the total value of the first prize is worth more than AUD $625.00, but also because every single one of the products included is either drop-dead gorgeous or ridiculously versatile or both.
To enter this giveaway, you simply have to follow me on Facebook or Instagram and then leave a comment below telling me in 25 words or less which item you would be most excited about winning and why. If you follow me on both, you can submit two separate entries – just leave a different comment for each one. And yes, this giveaway is open to international entrants! Let’s not delay anymore people, here are the goodies that one person will be taking home:
1) Embossed leather photo album by Boheme (in black): This album would be perfect for a project like this one. The hand tooled leatherwork gives the wraparound cover a unique design. The album includes 40 double-sided acid-free black pages with translucent sheeting. Each page measures 35cm x 27.5cm (this allows for four standard 4×6 photos per one side of one page). The album comes with a string tie. RRP AUD$89.95.
2) Leather journal by Badger & Chirp (in rustic brown): This is exactly the same journal that I used for Jamie’s first year journal, except that this one also comes with a hand tie. The cover is made from a soft lambskin leather cover in rustic brown, and it is fully lined with light fabric. The journal includes 370 blank pages made from 80lb acid-free paper. The number of pages makes this journal ideal for a memory keeping project that revolves around the 365 days of the year. RRP USD$78.00.
3) Visual diary by kikki.K: This is the same visual diary that I used for Pete’s second year scrapbook. The thick 190gsm paper is perfect for writing, drawing and scrapbooking. The cover is made from thick cardboard and comes with an elastic band to hold the pages together. The pages are white and A4 in size (210mm x 297mm), and there are 100 pages in total. Visual diaries like this are my favourite for making kids’ scrapbooks. All you need are photos, photo dots and a black felt tip pen, and you’re good to go! RRP AUD$24.95.
4) DIY photo album by kikki.K (in white): This gorgeous album features an embossed cover, ribbon closure and a back pocket for storing all those bits and pieces. It is 180mm x 240mm, which means it can fit two 4×6 photos per page or one 5×7 photo. There are 23 double-sided white pages in total. The embossed cover means that you can stick your own title/image to personalise your album. This lovely album would be perfect for a project like this one or any sort of mini book. RRP AUD$39.95.
5) Project Life core kit, The Midnight edition, by Becky Higgins: Surely this one needs no introduction! This is the famous core kit designed by my friend Liz of Paislee Press. As most of your Project Lifers know, we’ve all been patiently waiting for this kit since it was first announced back in January! It’s exciting to know that we’re getting increasingly closer to actually laying our hands on this beautiful kit. The kit includes 616 lovely cards, and you can see a sample of Liz’s gorgeous designs on her blog here. I’ve seen the complete digital version of the kit, and trust me, every single card is amazing. Even though the image above is a mock-up shot of the product, Craft House (the generous sponsor of all the Project Life items in this giveaway) tells me that by the time this giveaway ends, they will have stock of this new core kit! RRP AUD$32.99.
6) Project Life ‘Design A’ page protectors (Pack of 60): As most of you know, I am a big fan of the ‘Design A’ page protectors. An addict, in fact. In view of this, we are giving away not one but two big packs of these page protectors. Given that a pack of 60 lasts twelve months, this means that, combined with the core kit above, the winner will be able to experience two year’s worth of Project Life happiness! RRP AUD$65.98.
7) Cloth spiral dry mount album by kikki.K (in black): This is the dry mount album that I use for our Rick & Ronnie memoir books (except that this one is black). The album holds 20 black archival quality acid-free paper, which meas that it holds up to 160 standard 4×6 photos. The cover measures 358mm x 306mm, and each page measures 350mm x 300mm. Please note that the album doesn’t come with the numbers ’2010′ on the front cover – I simply used my own to style the product shot above. You can use a white pen to write in the album, but I prefer to use these white charcoal pencils by General’s. You can see them in the top two images above. (Even though the pencils are not an official part of the giveaway, I would be happy to include a couple in the package for the winner to try out.) RRP AUD$59.95.
8) ‘Modern’ binder by American Craft (in black): This is the binder that I’ve been using for all my Project Life albums. The whole point of this binder is that you can customise the look of the cover with paints, inks, stamping, embossing, etc. However, I like it for its neutral Kraft-coloured cover which is made from heavy pressboard. The binder holds 12″ x 12″ page protectors and, in fact, the product comes with 10 of these protectors as part of the package. I can vouch for a fact that the interlocking D-rings in this binder can hold up to a lot of pages and inserts. In fact, my entire 2012 album fits into one of these binders, which is quite amazing. RRP AUD$27.95.
9) Project Life mini album by Becky Higgins (in Midnight): This mini album has 20 pocket pages, and is the perfect match for Becky Higgins’ mini kits. It holds eighty 4×6 photos and eighty 3×4 journalling cards (or photos). The front cover can be personalised with your choice of photo or journalling card. I ended up using one of these mini albums for Edward’s baby book, which I have yet to share but definitely plan on doing so soon. In the meantime, you can find loads of inspiration for mini albums on Becky’s blog here. If these albums had been around some eight years ago, I would’ve used one for documenting my honeymoon! RRP AUD$21.99.
10) Photo book vouchers from Photobook Australia: And finally, the lucky winner of this giveaway will receive two AUD$91.00 vouchers from Photobook Australia. I’m a big fan of their photo books and in fact, all my photo books to date have been printed by them, including Angus’ firat year photo book and our Hervey Bay holiday photo book. With two of these vouchers, the winner will be able print two 40-page hardcover imagewrap photo books (8″x11″ medium portrait size, 8″x8″ small square or 8″x6″ small landscape size). The vouchers will work for any of the sites that part of the Photobook Worldwide network. As an extra big thank you to my readers, Photobook Australia has contributed two extra AUD$91.00 vouchers to be given to two runner-ups. Awesome, right?
To enter, simply follow me on Facebook or Instagram and then leave a comment below telling me in 25 words or less which item you would be most excited about winning and why. If you follow me on both Facebook and Instagram, you can submit two separate entries – just leave a different comment for each one.
Entries close 9:00pm EST on Monday 10th June 2013. The winner and the two runner-ups will be announced (based on the most interesting comment) on Tuesday 11th June 2013 at 9:00am EST at the end of this blog post. All three people will be notified by email at 9:30am EST on the same day.
The official terms and conditions are as follows:
- A maximum of two separate entries per person allowed.
- To enter, follow me on Facebook or Instagram and leave a comment on this post, telling me the item you’re most excited about winning and why in 25 words or less.
- Include your email address in your comment so that you can be notified via email.
- This competition is open to entrants internationally.
- This competition is hosted by Rhonda Mason at the Pink Ronnie blog (www.pinkronnie.com).
- The total value of the first prize is AU$627.01. This was calculated by adding the RRP of all the products together. The RRP value of the leather journal by Badger and Chirp was converted to AUD by using the XE Currency Converter (http://www.xe.com/) at 2013-05-30 12:30 UTC.
- The value of each of the runner-up’s prize is AUD$91.00.
- Competition opens at 7:45pm EST on Thursday 30th May 2013 and closes at 9:00pm EST on Monday 10th June 2013.
- This competition is a game of skill and the first winner will be chosen based on the most interesting comment. The two runner-ups will be chosen based on the second and third most interesting comments. All judging will be done by Rhonda Mason.
- All three winners will be notified by email at 9:30am EST on Tuesday 11th June 2013.
* * *
So there it is. Thank you again to Craft House, Badger and Chirp, and Photobook Australia for their generous contribution to this amazing giveaway. Best of luck to all of you. I can’t wait to read your submissions!
Happy Thursday, my friends!
* * *
Thank you everyone for participating! After a very long and arduous decision-making process, here are the winning entries:
1) First prize: The “Modern” binder so that I can document my son’s 2 year mission in Bolivia while he is away. Documenting makes me feel closer. (by Tamara)
2) First runner-up: Guys do memory keeping too. I let the photos (and wife) doing the talking. Need the handsome leather journal to stop her calling this ‘scrapbooking’. (by Ron)
3) Second runner-up: 3 small sons. 13557 photos already! Stories to share, artworks to protect, wisdom to pass on, memories to keep. LOVE it all, but Midnight most. (by Kate van der Pol)
I just wanted to say that there were many amazing entries (some which unfortunately I couldn’t accept as they were over the word count) – some were cleverly crafted, some were very witty and a large number expressed very touching sentiments. I made shortlists after shortlists, and when it came down to the last ten or so, I just had to go with my heart. These were the three that had caught my attention from the very beginning and that I kept coming back to. I wish I could give the prize to all of you who shared such touching stories. I’m beyond moved. Thank you again to all of you for taking part in this giveaway. It’s made it very special for me.
Tamara, Ron and Kate – I will be in touch!
No related posts.