7/52

“A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013.”

Angus: Mastering the shirt look.
Pete: “I want to be this tall!”
Jamie: Life is better in daddy’s arms.

We were at the mechanic’s out at Dural, waiting for our Land Rover to be inspected and diagnosed. The boys needed to get out of the car to stretch their legs. Mummy needed to eat her chicken nuggets from McDonald’s (let’s blame it on the cravings, shall we?). This particular photo makes me nostalgic for the road trips we used to do every week on our day off. We would pile into the car, with a bag full of drinks and snacks, and simply drive for half a day – exploring, photographing and soaking up the time together as a family…

You can see all the other posts here.

(Linking up with Jodi for The 52 Project.)

Kelly (Pink + Lola) February 16, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I would absolutely love to get in the car and spend half day exploring, but both me and my kid suffer from car sickness. =/ Anyway, we still have Central Park close enough, so that’s where we go to spend some quality, family time (when it’s warm enough).

Love your blog, by the way (and the super cute kids!)
xx

Pink Ronnie February 17, 2013 at 9:04 am

Hey Kelly,
Thanks for stopping by here, and for your ultra sweet words. Am I right in assuming you live in NYC?

Marie February 16, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Love this picture! Do you plan to put these photos in a particular album or only in your Project Life (or both maybe)? Thanks a lot for stopping by on my blog and for your sweet comment (I’m so honoured!) Have a lovely week-end. MArie xoxo

Pink Ronnie February 17, 2013 at 9:06 am

Hi Marie,
It was an absolute pleasure! I haven’t yet decided whether I’ll make a particular album – at the moment, they’re simply going into our Project Life album. If I do do a separate one, it would probably be a photo book.

Bron February 16, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Great photo…it’s great to explore your own backyard even if you don’t go al that far. Have a lovely weekend. x

Pink Ronnie February 17, 2013 at 9:07 am

I agree – there are actually so many amazing places around Sydney that we have still yet to explore.

Latrina February 17, 2013 at 5:44 am

Ohh, those road trips sounds just lovely, Ronnie. Hopefully you’ll be able to do another once the little one is here… and a bit older! :)

Pink Ronnie February 17, 2013 at 9:08 am

I hope so! I doubt Edward bear will stop us much. We used to take Jamie on road trips even when he was only a few months old – we would just stop every few hours to feed him. So much fun! :)

Maxabella February 17, 2013 at 11:31 am

That’s a really special ‘raw’ shot of your men, Ronnie. x

Pink Ronnie February 17, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Thanks Maxabella! (Always a treat to have you stop by.)

Elisa {With Grace & Eve} February 17, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I love the images you capture of your boys together! I struggle get any shots of both my girls where one isn’t moving x

Pink Ronnie February 17, 2013 at 11:30 pm

Totally know what you mean Elisa. It’s a real achievement when I manage to land a shot like this…!

Serendips February 18, 2013 at 8:08 am

This is such a gorgeous shot. I can imagine looking over and stealing a quiet moment looking at my family. That is the feeling I get from this photo. Lovely.

Kate February 18, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Timeless and gorgeous… you have been rocking these portraits!

Airstream Family February 20, 2013 at 11:41 am

I am so excited to have discovered your blog through the 52 project.

Your photos are wonderful and I especially love that you’ve chosen black and white.

I look forward to the next installment.