Maternity series, 26 weeks

So I’m getting rounder. Much rounder. Not that I’m complaining. A pregnant round tummy is such a gift. I read today in The Pregnancy Bible that Edward now measures about 23cm from crown to rump. If we take into account his legs as well, he must be close to 30cm! (According to my maths, anyway.) That’s pretty impressive if you ask me. It’s incredible that I am nearing the end of second trimester and about to commence my third. Oh, you third trimester. How I am (sort of not) looking forward to thee. Be kind to me, okay? I can only handle that many leg cramps, trips to the bathroom and ‘fake’ contractions (with their not-so-fake pain). And please, oh please, don’t make me start waddling again…

Over the weekend, I took the boys to our local Domayne and placed an order for our very first bunk bed! I felt like such a grown-up. All three boys were so excited. I almost feel sorry for Jamie that he doesn’t get to sleep in it. Anyway, it’s due to arrive in about 8 weeks time – something which Angus simply could not grasp (“Why does it take so long to make a bed, mummy? Why is China so far away from here? Why? Why? Why?”) – at which point, we shall make the huge transition of moving Jamie in with his two older brothers, transferring Pete from his cot-style bed to a proper single bed and bumping Angus up a level to the top bunk. There will inevitably be tears (both theirs and ours) but hopefully by mid-April, we will all have calmed down and mummy can give birth knowing that at least 3 out of 4 boys will sleep through the night. One can only hope anyway.

I insist on including these cheesy head shots of Rick and moi because he is a huge part of this journey. Every day he listens to me, looks after me, cooks for me, humours me, loves me, cherishes me, is patient with me, bears with my fragile mood swings, makes me laugh, dries my feet for me after my showers and insists that I am not chubby, just pregnant. I am so very blessed to have him.

Thank you, dear husband, for all that you do. I love you more than I can say.

(Dress by Tree of life; sandals by Tony Bianco; Cameron’s locket from my friend Kity.)

More from the maternity series here.

lauragofton January 15, 2013 at 10:40 am

You look stunning Ronnie. That dress is gorgeous. Love your words too, especially about Rick, you seem to have such a beautiful relationship.

Here’s to an ‘easy’ third trimester!
x Laura

natalie January 15, 2013 at 10:53 am

Oh Ronnie you look lovely – your beautiful round bump is growing!! take care xx

p.s. i ordered my project life things a few nights ago…I’m joining in!

natalie January 15, 2013 at 10:54 am

I forgot to say thank you for the inspiration. I really can’t wait to create memory books for my girls. x

eek! January 15, 2013 at 11:06 am

You guys look like such a happy family! Thanks for sharing.

Liv January 15, 2013 at 12:21 pm

You got yourself a superhero! You are so cute together.
Lovely photos.

Pink Ronnie January 15, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Love that term, Liv. He is definitely my superhero. :)

Jess January 15, 2013 at 1:09 pm

You look beautiful. Amazing husbands deserve recognition & cheesy head shots too :)

Johanna January 15, 2013 at 2:27 pm

You really look fantastic, Ronnie. Beautiful…not chubby. And I hope your 3rd tri is good to you, too. I remember the leg cramps and thinking…what the? How much water do I have to drink?

Pink Ronnie January 15, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Leg cramps are like the scariest thing, in my opinion.

Jane January 15, 2013 at 2:32 pm

your baby bump is beautiful~ especially dressed in that lovely dress! and your husband sounds like a wonderful person.

karen January 15, 2013 at 3:01 pm

You look lovely! Bunk beds, how exciting!!

Chloe Moon January 15, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Awww, how sweet. Best wishes entering your third trimester!! I can’t wait some day to have a round pregnant belly…it must be so surreal to look down! You look wonderful! =)

Meg January 15, 2013 at 4:18 pm

You are soooo cute, Ronnie!

Lottie :: Oyster & Pearl January 15, 2013 at 4:19 pm

So lovely! You (almost) make me want to be pregnant again :)

Hope the bed transitions go well and that third trimester is kind x

Aki! January 15, 2013 at 4:42 pm

My boyfriend comes from a family of three boys… so I can’t even comprehend the chaos that comes from having soon to be four!

Fiona January 15, 2013 at 6:50 pm

So sweet! Your baby bump is gorgeous, and that dress is lovely. Bunk beds are so much fun! All 3 of our kids share a room, 2 in bunk beds and Lucy in her own little bed, although she likes to get out and crawl into the bottom bunk with Isabel (which she doesn’t like much)! Hoping the 3rd trimester won’t be too hard on you, but at least you have an awesome team mate!

Pink Ronnie January 15, 2013 at 9:40 pm

I can already see our boys setting up a fort (or an ice cream shop) in the bunk bed. It’s going to be so much fun!!!

Latrina January 15, 2013 at 6:53 pm

You look absolutely radiant, Ronnie! One can only hope I will look has lovely when I am pregnant. :) ..one can hope!

Bunk beds! Ahh — I remember those days. I remember when it was just me and my two sisters… and then 8 or so years later my mother decides to have two more. It was a huge transition for my sisters and I… but well worth it! So worth it.

amanda {the habit of being} January 15, 2013 at 8:54 pm

gorgeous mama!!! you look beautiful.

Ashley January 16, 2013 at 12:07 am

You look amazing! I love your blog and sweet photos. Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie @ henry happened January 16, 2013 at 2:02 am

First, you look totally amazing! That dress is so perfect on you. Second, you and your hubby are so sweet. Drying your feet is just about the most adorable thing I’ve ever heard :)

Julia Kuku Couture January 16, 2013 at 4:08 am

you look so sweet Ronnie. I love that dress and just looking at you make me want to be pregnant again. I am sure the bunk bed will go well.

Niru January 16, 2013 at 5:31 am

oh ronnie, you look divine. pregnancy and motherhood suits you so well.
i hope i can feel and look even a bit like what you do when i’m pregnant.
gorgeous dress, beautiful mummy and a blessed relationship!

Lilly January 16, 2013 at 5:02 pm

You look great! I always enjoyed the rounder bit, at least people knew i was definately pregnant :)

Pink Ronnie January 18, 2013 at 4:11 am

Yes, I know exactly what you mean! It’s always a nice relief when one begins to look ‘obviously pregnant.’

Kylie @ Octavia and Vicky January 17, 2013 at 9:45 am

You look beautiful, and your bump is so gorgeous. Love that dress too.

Jo January 18, 2013 at 3:36 am

You make a really lovely pregnant picture.
So nice to hear you talk about your hubby so beautifully, it is my 16th wedding anniversary today and my man sounds a lot like your good man.

Shoko January 18, 2013 at 6:56 pm

you look amazing, ronnie! and i love that color on you!

vitaminA January 24, 2013 at 6:18 am

gorgeous! love your adorable bump. what a stylish mama you are. and btw, i love that you include these “cheesy” shots of you and rick. i think they’re so sweet. and what?! he dries your feet. too awesome.