Currently working on…

Yes, I am (sadly) a little crazy like that.

I’ve had it on my radar all year to create our 2011 Project Life album. And now that we are officially on holidays, and I have a little more spare time on my hands, I am going all out to get this wrapped up and checked off my list! I will tell you now that this is no small feat. I took over 18,000 photos in 2011. To condense all that in one go into a meaningful album has been challenging and exhausting, but also extremely satisfying. More than ever, I am in awe of how flexible Becky’s Project Life system is. I am almost there. I am almost there!

A big welcome to you if you are new or visiting from Becky’s blog or Liz’s blog. It is truly lovely to have you stop by. You can read all my Project Life posts here, and all my memory-keeping posts here. And hopefully, in the next day or so, I shall have a new post up. In the meantime, I had better get back to it. Those last two hundred aren’t going to print themselves anytime soon…

What are you currently working on?

Life with Kaishon January 21, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Good for you Ronnie! I know your family will treasure it always. When I take pictures, i don’t really try to get certain color schemes or think about albums, I just try to capture life. I do admire your scrapbooking process. Have a happy holiday!

Chloe Moon January 21, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Good luck with your project!!! I’m currently trying to make sure I actually print out more pictures…I feel like my life is a sea of memory cards lately…I want to print out pics and get a big collage photo frame! Your very inspiring…I keep saying I would start a Project Life book when I’m pregnant, but I think I may have to start earlier!! =)

Pink Ronnie January 22, 2013 at 9:25 am

Hi Chloe,
You should consider doing it sooner – I wish now that I’m done something like this to record our life before having kids!

Fiona January 21, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Wow, what a job. I have been meaning to tackle 2011 for ages as well, but it all seems a bit overwhelming! That’s nice to have a bit of extra time to get some stuff done. I look forward to seeing it! I am currently working on costumes for this year’s Fastelavn (or carnival – a bit like a friendly halloween) which is on 10th February. So much to sew! Hugs xoxo

rooth January 21, 2013 at 4:19 pm

18,000?!?! You are really putting us all to shame :)

Kolina January 21, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Hi Ronnie, I found your blog while browsing some others (though I can’t figure out whose now, for the life of me). Thank you for sharing your beautiful work and family with us – especially Cameron’s story.

Would you mind sharing your strategy for compiling a Project Life album for 2011? I see you have some sketches, and I’ve love to know how you tackle PL for an entire year at once: do you plan which pictures you plan to use before you print? or do you print your favorites from each week/month and go from there? do you go through a few iterations of each page before you settle on the layout?

Pink Ronnie January 21, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Welcome Kolina, thanks for stopping by and for your kind words. I will definitely write a proper post about this, once I’m done. It might take a while though, as it will be a huge post. To answer your two questions up front though: 1) Yes, I plan which photos I am going to use for each month before I print them. 2) i choose the program Aperture to organise and choose my photos, and I do so in ‘albums’ which has the right number of photos for each spread. (So page 1 of January might have 8 horizontal and 8 vertical photos chosen, because I know I will just be using a simple Design A layout.) From there, I’m quite flexible in terms of layout. Mostly, I’ll stick to chronology (within the page) but I’m happy to shuffle photos around if I think it will work better. And the pages are grouped by month rather than weeks (as I think this is easier when tackling a whole year in one go). Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Meg January 21, 2013 at 8:33 pm

you get em, girl!

Amanda January 21, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Hi Ronnie, what a big job you’re tackling – one I’m eager to see the end result of because I’d been wondering if it were possible to use Project Life for previous years photos which had not yet been displayed…

Pink Ronnie January 22, 2013 at 9:22 am

Oh yes, it’s definitely possible. You can do whatever you want, really (the system is so flexible like that), but I’ll be sure to do a post about the process I decided on for myself in case it helps others too.

Jane January 22, 2013 at 1:00 am

Awesome, Ronnie! Can’t wait to see how it turns out!

liz January 22, 2013 at 8:13 am

Cannot wait to see your 2011 PL Album!! Cannot believe you’re tackling in one go, but if anyone can get it done, it’s definitely you!

Pink Ronnie January 22, 2013 at 9:23 am

It’s absolutely crazy. But I’m almost there, Liz! Just the title page and some filler cards…. (I got your email and will reply once this project is complete!)

Jenny January 22, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Hi There!
I’m definiteley a new reader after I discovered you were on the PL creative team.. well deserved! Your albums are beatiful and I can definitely say you are a big inspiration for my 2013 PL.
P.S: Hello from a fellow aussie by the way (but I live in Southern California now).
Married an American man :) My Family is still in Brisbane though so I’ll be there in March Yay!!

Pink Ronnie January 23, 2013 at 12:01 am

Hi Jenny,
Thank you so much for your kind words – so happy that you stopped by! Enjoy your family reunion in March!

Lisa January 24, 2013 at 2:45 am

I’m not working on much except staying sane during the last week of holidays x

Project life looks pretty cool!!

Serena Berger January 30, 2013 at 1:00 am

Allison wrote: I am getting married this year and have been planning to do a “project life” type scrap book for our first year of marriage beginning on our wedding date. Is the Project Life kit flexible enough to start on any day of the year? My answer: YES. Start your album on your wedding date and then you will end on your first anniversary. It will be the BEST gift you give to yourselves.