Project Life, Weeks 37 to 39

I honestly love working every week on our Project Life family album. It’s so nice to see the week in review, and to be able to jot things down while they’re still fresh in my memory. Also, I know it’s cliche to say this, but how quickly has this year flown by? I feel like it was only yesterday that I decided to take the plunge into Project Life. I still remember the satisfaction and excitement that came with completing my very first weekly layout for Week 14. And now, suddenly, there are only three more weeks to go before I start a new album for 2013! Meanwhile, I still have a rather large back log of layouts to post here on the blog before the new year so don’t be surprised if I start lumping four to five weeks in the one post. (Remember you can click on each image for a larger version.)

Week 37 was the week of Cameron’s fifth anniversary. I filled most of this left hand page with photos that I snapped at the Memorial Gardens. The head shot of Rick and myself is particularly special to me, as we always take one together when we go to the Gardens. This year, we included Jamie in the photo which was very lovely (I like that he’s not looking at the camera). There is also a photo of the lovely package that we received from my beautiful friend Jane who never fails to remember Cameron with us every year. Also, some beautiful stationery arrived from Wit & Whistle that week, I decided to include that in the layout to add an extra ‘pretty’ element to the page.

The right hand page continues the theme of remembering Cameron: there were the flowers I bought in his memory; the clothes I wore the day of his actual anniversary; the breakfast we had at our favourite cafe that morning; some comfort food that I indulged in; a ‘Pa and Jamie’ moment when we went to visit Pa and Nan that afternoon; and of course the birthday cake we ate to celebrate Cameron’s fifth birthday. Just looking at these pages now fills me with such bittersweet emotions. I also included an 8×12 insert in which I pasted the words that I wrote in this post.

Week 38 was smack bang in the middle of my first trimester nausea. In an attempt to entice myself to eat, I went back and forth between whipping up my favourite Chinese dishes and buying meat pies at my local cafe. Soup from my mum’s kitchen was also most welcome. And those shots of Jamie and Pete in the laundry baskets just make me smile big time! I will surely miss having both of them at home with me five days a week next year when Pete goes off to preschool…

Some lovely family shots on this right hand page, along with a token photo of some yummy moon cake since it was the Chinese mid-autumn festival that week. The photo in the bottom right was the view from Park Hyatt in Sydney, where my friend Kitty had her baby shower. Good times.

Some of my favourite photos of the boys are the ones of them simply lounging around at home, doing nothing in particular, as these are the photos that reflect so much of what our every day life looks like. Aunty Jess also makes an appearance here in Week 39 – I love how focused she and Pete both are on reading that picture book together.

This page was getting slightly busy, so I converted a couple of the photos to black and white to tone it down slightly. As you can see, we ate out quite a bit that week, primarily because of my cravings for Vietnamese beef pho and Japanese udon noodles. What can I say – it wasn’t me, it was the baby!

Anyway, I genuinely hope there are some of you out there who are considering Project Life for 2013. It honestly is not hard to do – it can be as simple as you want it to be – and I can guarantee that you will not regret it for a moment. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to send me an email or just leave a comment below.

You can read my other Project Life posts here.

Materials used: Becky Higgins Design A page protector; Kodak 170gsm glossy photo paper. All photos printed on the Canon MP630 Pixma.

(Linking up with The Mom Creative.)

Julia Kuku Couture December 11, 2012 at 12:33 pm

I love your project life posts Ronnie and I am considering doing it next year but I don’t think I would be organised enough to get the photos printed every week so I am thinking of just working on a weekly layout for a digital album I would print at the end of the year.

The thing I am not sure about though is what would I do when major events like parties or holidays happen. Do they get there own album or do would I just do extra pages those weeks? hmm I’m not sure

The Fam and I are going on a two month holiday to the US and Canada early next year so I would be really behind those weeks too but I think I can make it work

Pink Ronnie December 11, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Hey Julia,
I thought I’d reply immediately in this instance! It’s actually quite easy to incorporate holidays and birthday parties into the album without something separate: either as part of the weekly layout and/or by using additional inserts! If you read my posts for Weeks 32 and 33, I talk a bit about documenting our family holiday this year. For the boys’ birthday parties, I do separate 8×8 layouts to showcase my favourite photos – I haven’t posted about these yet but can send you a photo if you’re interested! Hope that helps!
(Digital is great too – I know lots of people who do it digitally and love it.)

rooth December 11, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Ronnie, you are a wonder woman. You have three kids, manage this blog and also manage to get Project Life out in ‘assembly line’ fashion. I’m lucky if I can make my bed every day!

Pink Ronnie December 12, 2012 at 10:43 pm

And like all wonder women, I have my mini meltdowns quite regularly. :)

Chantel December 11, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I love every page as always Ronnie! And I love how kids just universally love the laundry baskets. :)

Chloe Moon December 11, 2012 at 4:01 pm

I really do adore this Project Life!! I keep saying I’m going to start it….I just have to find the guts to start this and STICK with it! Your very motivating that you kept up with it!! =)

Ergo – Blog

Pink Ronnie December 13, 2012 at 3:55 am

Start at the beginning of 2013 – it will be perfect.

krystal/village December 11, 2012 at 9:04 pm

that project is so so cool…i love the photos in it!

G December 11, 2012 at 11:25 pm

these are so awesome – less beachy these ones. Also I love the washing basket shots! x

Lila December 12, 2012 at 12:25 am

I really love these, I especially love the you continue to honour Cameron I think that it’s so important not just for you but for the boys as they grow.

Pink Ronnie December 13, 2012 at 3:58 am

Thank you for your kind words about Cameron, Lila.

Rin December 12, 2012 at 3:14 am

This is so beautiful. My oh my!

Ate you going to keep going next year?
I wish I had your talent for making everything so beautiful.

Pink Ronnie December 13, 2012 at 3:56 am

Absolutely. This will be my main method of memory keeping going forward.

Stephanie @ henry happened December 12, 2012 at 3:36 am

What a beautiful project! You have such a gorgeous family – I love seeing all of your photos (they are always so dream-like!). I’m so sorry to read about Cameron, my heart goes out to you. And I hope the nausea is getting better!

Martha December 12, 2012 at 10:44 am

I love your nausea page – going through that at the moment. Also love those sweet boys in the tub! I think I may have to jump on project life in 2013, a new app on my phone makes it easy to make prints at our local drugstore AND I would love to capture the year we became a party of 5 :) love your space here!!

Pink Ronnie December 13, 2012 at 3:57 am

You should definitely do it. Order your materials now so that you can start immediately in the new year! If you make a good start, you’re more likely to keep it up.

Cerise December 12, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Gorgeous pages as always.
I am so sorry for your loss, thank you so much for sharing the beautiful way you celebrate the memory of Cameron.
I hope your nausea subsided!

Vanessa December 13, 2012 at 3:14 am

Oh, I really do love your Project Life. It’s simple, understated and I can imagine very very satisfying. I’m really not that organised when it comes to family photos, even though I use Lightroom and it would be so easy for me to start filing properly. Reading through your Project Life posts has really inspired me to do something next year. Thanks Ronnie. x

Laura Gofton December 13, 2012 at 8:44 am

You know I adore your project life. I’d love to do it however there are two concerns stopping me. Time involved in creating each week and also the cost.

I just wanted to say I love the way you remember and celebrate Cameron as a family. It is such a beautiful way to honor your little boy. x Laura

Pink Ronnie December 17, 2012 at 8:58 am

Thank you Laura.

rebecca December 13, 2012 at 9:03 am

I so adore your Project Life what an amazing keepsake to keep for your beautiful and growing family . So talented and I love how you document – the food , the real going on of life …love !

Fiona December 14, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I love looking at your pages, Ronnie. Such lovely photos and precious memories!