Project Christmas, Part 2

Tonight I’m embarking on Stage 2 of Project Christmas: the writing of Christmas cards. I have my list all finalised and, as you can see, my materials ready to go. I’m extra pleased that I had all this stationery already in my collection. There was a time when I used to write what seemed like hundreds of Christmas cards to extended family and friends from all our different circles. These days, I’ve accepted that this is neither feasible nor sensible. So this year, in an attempt to minimise the stress of this festive season, I’ve tried to keep the list as succinct as possible: immediate family, the boys, Angus’ preschool teachers, Sunday School helpers and people from our church who’ve lost loved ones this year. Now if only the three little boys upstairs will actually go to sleep, I might be able to make a start.

(Stationery featured above by Kikki K and Wit & Whistle).

Julia Kuku Couture December 10, 2012 at 9:26 am

ooh looks like you have a lovely collection there. I have had my cards ready to go for a while but just keep forgetting to send them out. thanks for the reminder I just wrote it on my hand no I won’t forget for sure.

Laura Gofton December 10, 2012 at 9:35 am

Lovely stationary. Every year I have intentions of writing Christmas cards but the time always seems to fly by and then it’s Christmas eve and it’s too late. It’s so lovely receiving cards though, so I should put more effort into getting organised.

Hope you are feeling well Ronnie.
xLaura

max December 10, 2012 at 10:10 am

i love stationary too, especially specific purpose stationary like this, it gives me that back to school with a new stuffed pencil case feeling! do show us your output sometime x

Lou December 10, 2012 at 10:24 am

Ohhhh the Christmas cards – I had custom ones made this year and and am now putting off the task of writing them all… We have a HUGE family and living so far from everyone means that Christmas cards are our only touching base point for a lot of them. So I’m writing 50+ and cringing at the thought (just a little bit!)

You’re cards look like they are going to be lovely Ronnie :)

Lou x

Pink Ronnie December 12, 2012 at 12:59 am

That must be hard, living far away from family, especially at this time of the year. Extra glad to read how much you’ve settled into your community, Lou.
Lots of love,
p.s. You can do it!

G December 10, 2012 at 10:36 am

I’m a bit of a sucker for arranged things – I loved this picture. I think that sending Christmas cards is something that’s not “the usual” in my generation due to the ease/immediacy of emails .. unfortunately. It’s so nice to receive cards in the mail! x

ps. hope the writing went well! x

Pink Ronnie December 12, 2012 at 1:01 am

Not so good. Jamie cried for ages that night and by the time he stopped, I got distracted by other tasks…. but tonight is the night! :)

Kirsty December 10, 2012 at 10:40 am

I have finally done the cards for the Frenchies, but now the Australian ones to go….. I love the idea of doing them, organising the photos and cards… much more than the writing.

Lottie :: Oyster & Pearl December 10, 2012 at 10:50 am

I’m dreading writing our cards. We have a Rolodex that has not fared well with two small people who like to break stuff. Will have to steel myself this week…

Debie Grace December 10, 2012 at 11:05 am

I’m a big fan of lovely papers/cards. Looking at your stuff, I can picture out a pretty Christmas cards for your friends. :D

Jane December 10, 2012 at 12:57 pm

lovely stationary. you are way better than me. i’ve gone from handwriting to just doing everything online. this year i wanted to get back to handwriting but don’t think that’s happening. ah~ maybe next year! :)

eskimo*rose December 10, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I did the same a few years ago, having rationalised my list Xmas cards seem so much more manageable, but I still put them off every year. I’ve had a pile os stuff ready for over a week now, and still I haven’t started …
xx

Pink Ronnie December 12, 2012 at 1:02 am

Let’s sit down and do them together today/tonight! (It ended up not happening for me the other night due to Jamie’s extended bedtime crying…)
ronnie xo

Lilly December 10, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Your materials look so beautiful, and organized! I am working on my cards today, but I don’t do a special one for each person, our families are just to big :)

Kate December 10, 2012 at 3:30 pm

This is amazing. You inspire me so much, it takes so much drive and dedication to truly create timeless memory books… hoping I can do the same next year. It’s so difficult for me :/

Noelani December 10, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Christmas cards are always fun to sit down and put together :) Happy Monday to you!

Chantel December 10, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Oh I love the colors! Such beautiful stationary!

Chloe Moon December 10, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Ooo I have to do mine soon too!! I already am starting to get them in the mail! Ahh!! =) Best wishes for yours!

Ergo – Blog

Latrina December 10, 2012 at 8:52 pm

What a lovely bunch of stationary! I love it.

I’m really behind on Christmas cards this year… being away from family really messes up the entire holiday for me. It costs so much money to ship packages across country that I’m not even buying presents for family this year. It’s just too much money. It’s sad… because I love wrapping & giving gifts! So the whole not-shopping thing is really a bummer. But I guess saving money is a plus, right? :D

Pink Ronnie December 12, 2012 at 1:04 am

That’s really hard Latrina….
I’ve never bought overseas family gifts for the very same reason. The expenditure would go through the roof!

Katherine Vargas December 10, 2012 at 10:32 pm

dont remind me i so behind Christmas cards this year :D

Za December 11, 2012 at 8:37 am

I’m a big fan of stationary, too! Love Kikki K. Christmas cards are always fun to sit down and put together. :)

Shoko December 12, 2012 at 2:41 pm

ahh, christmas cards can be stressful – but what a cute little round-up of supplies! looks like you are well-equipped, at least! :)

fritha December 13, 2012 at 7:15 pm

wow amazing stationary! I just found your blog and love it! Hello from a new reader x