Maternity series, 17 weeks

These last two weeks, my energy has returned and my nausea has disappeared. It is the most wonderful feeling! I just adore the second trimester. With the nausea gone, I’ve actually been able to return to a somewhat healthy diet (in contrast to all the junk that I’ve been filling up on these last two months). I’ve also started enjoying my morning cup of tea again, as well as the occasional cappuccino at the local cafe. I am over the moon about this. It’s always the simple things in life that make all the difference.

It is now only eleven days before our week 19 ultrasound in which we can hopefully find out if we are having a boy or girl. Every morning I wake up and think – one day closer! I simply can’t wait to start calling our baby by his or her name. I just hope the little one is co-operative on the day of the scan.

As for this guy, he is the love of my life. Every day, he loves me, supports me, listens to me, understands me, cherishes me and makes me laugh. He is also the most wonderful father. Our boys are so blessed to have him. All three of them think the world of their daddy, and I know this new little one will too.

(Maxi dress by Sunny Girl; t-shirt by Miss Shop; and Cameron‘s locket was a gift from my dear friend Kitty.)

More from the maternity series here.

Jo November 10, 2012 at 10:56 am

Gorgeous photographs Ronnie – you look wonderful!

Gemma November 10, 2012 at 11:12 am

So happy for you :) and all the best! For the first time in my life, I am entering this phase as well so we shall see how it goes :) Take care!

Pink Ronnie November 12, 2012 at 4:21 pm

That’s very exciting Gemma – congratulations!
When are you due?

Gemma November 12, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Hello again Ronnie :)
I am due 25 Mar – so this is the start of week 21. It is both exciting and nerve-wrecking at the same time! How are the three little boys doing? Everyone must be so thrilled to have another little one coming along!

Tracey @ Bliss Amongst Chaos November 10, 2012 at 11:36 am

You look beautiful Ronnie!
Hope the ultrasound goes well and you find out what sex your little one is! Will be looking forward to hearing about it :-)
xx

Viki November 10, 2012 at 11:38 am

You are looking fantastic Ronnie. I am so happy for you that you’re feeling better. You are so right, it’s all about appreciating the little things again, like a coffee! Good for you. :)

Kate November 10, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I know that feeling all too well- it’s just so hard to say no to the unhealthy food… Especially if its the only thing that tastes good at the time! You look absolutely glowing. So excited to read along on this journey!

Pink Ronnie November 12, 2012 at 10:07 pm

I just went with the flow, and ended up eating Maccas at least once a week!

libbywilko November 10, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Glad you are feeling much better :-)

Latrina November 10, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Simpy gorgeous. Look at you! :)

I am so glad to hear you are feeling well & your energy is returning!

If I had to guess, I’d say you’re having a little girl. ;) I feeeeel it. No, actually… I think you are just way over due for one! :P hehe

lamina @ do a bit November 10, 2012 at 11:27 pm

You are looking so lovely and happy! What a nice little bump you have :)

karen November 11, 2012 at 2:36 am

So happy to read that the nausea is gone, that is not the fun part of being pregnant, you look lovely and the two of you make a great pair!

Jane November 11, 2012 at 2:38 am

You look lovely, Ronnie! You’re spreading all the happiness all the way to the states! Have a great weekend~

Veronica November 11, 2012 at 7:25 am

you are a picture of health. fingers crossed the nausea stays away. take good care. xo

Shoko November 11, 2012 at 8:28 am

so lovely. and your dress is absolutely beautiful!

dear olive November 11, 2012 at 9:01 am

Looking great! Kellie xx

Pink Ronnie November 12, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Thanks Kellie – just found you on Instagram and loving your Mexico photos.

Lilly November 11, 2012 at 1:23 pm

That skirt is fantastic- such happy colors! Glad to hear you are feeling back to your old self.

Debie Grace November 11, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Ronnie! I am so excited to find out if it’s a boy or a girl!! You look very pretty right there by the way :)

Charlotte November 12, 2012 at 10:28 am

Dang, you look like a rockstar in this outfit! Also, here’s hoping the baby is cooperative, but if not, hopefully it will only be a few weeks until you can get another ultrasound and try again.

Alli November 12, 2012 at 10:39 am

The second trimester was my favourite. It’s so wonderful not to feel nauseous & to have a bit of energy back. Enjoy, you’re looking great x

Pink Ronnie November 12, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Thanks Alli for your sweet words, and thanks too for stopping by!

Stephanie @ henry happened November 12, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I didn’t know you were expecting! Congrats!! I’m so glad you are feeling better – the 1st trimester is the worst.

Julia Kuku Couture November 12, 2012 at 2:29 pm

You are so cute Ronnie! I can’t wait to hear if it is pink or blue this time :)

trishie November 12, 2012 at 3:29 pm

You look wonderful, Ronnie. So glad to hear the nausea is gone and you can enjoy a cup of tea or coffee again! Love this series, looking forward to more updates.

Rin November 12, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Hey Ronnie!
I’ve been looking at your blog every now and then for a while but have finally followed you. We are expecting a baby very close to your new little one. It’s always nice to have baby friends.

Love your beautiful photography. I would really love to learn how to take such nice pictures. I’m afraid I’m a bit of a n00b.

Pink Ronnie November 12, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Hey Rin,
Congratulations to you and your family! How exciting for you guys. How have you been feeling?
All of my photos for the blog these days are simply captured on my iPhone. I’ve started writing a series on this called Snap Me Happy if your’e interested in taking a look. Just click on the button on the right sidebar!

rooth November 13, 2012 at 1:30 am

These are wonderful photos… can’t wait to see the baby bump grow

Sammy G. November 13, 2012 at 2:42 am

so cute!! i can’t wait to hear more about it!
and that looks like a crate&barrel pillow! i love it!

Red Boots November 14, 2012 at 10:00 pm

I finally got some free time to catch up on my favourite blogs and I pop by and find out you’re pregnant!! Congratulations Ronnie!! I’m so so pleased for you and your family! What a beautiful pregnant lady you make! And how lucky that you can drink tea and coffee – I went right off tea and coffee (I live for hot beverages so this was devastating for me). I finally managed to stomach tea in the middle of the second trimester but it took until a month or so after birth to be able to even smell coffee!! Once I was able to drink it again my mornings felt so much better – you’re right, it definitely is the little things!

Congratulations again Ronnie! xx

Pink Ronnie November 15, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Hey there,
So lovely to have you back! How have you and the little one been? I missed tea/coffee terribly as well during the first trimester so I’m just incredibly thankful my caffeine mojo is back in the second trimester…. I simply adore my cups of tea in the morning.
Thanks for your sweet words too!

Katherine | Gathered Heart November 15, 2012 at 8:43 am

I’m a little behind on all my blog reading so I haven’t had a chance to say — CONGRATULATIONS!!! I’m so, so happy for you and your ever-growing family :) By the way, you are an adorable pregnant lady. Lots of love!

Pink Ronnie November 15, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Thank you Katherine, that means so much.

Chantel November 16, 2012 at 2:28 am

You are looking so great Ronnie! I’m excited that your ultrasound is coming up. The day we found out Raeca was a girl ranks as one of my best days ever (which is funny since I was hoping for a boy) and I always love to hear that other people are finding out what they are having.

Laura Gofton November 17, 2012 at 9:01 pm

You look just lovely Ronnie. What a sweet little bump (and dressed so lovely!).

How exciting that you find out if your little one is a boy or girl next week. Have you found out every time? Do you have a preference?

I’m trying to convince myself the next baby we have we will leave it a surprise but I’m not sure I have the resolve!
x Laura

Pink Ronnie November 17, 2012 at 9:57 pm

We’ve found out every time because neither of us are good at waiting! Plus we really do love being able to call the baby by their name for the second half of the pregnancy…. I think it will help the other boys to connect with the baby too. I would love to have another little boy because I think our boys are just so delightful. A girl would be so wonderful too, but it’ll probably take me a bit of time to get my head around it since I’m just so used to boys. Did you keep it a surprise with Lachie?

Laura Gofton November 17, 2012 at 10:08 pm

We did. We were both impatient. Plus Troy needed time to get his head around having a girl as he really wanted a boy first.

It was lovely knowing the name of our baby and getting a room ready for him etc. Next time round I’m like you, I think a boy would be great but a girl would be equally wonderful. So, perhaps we will wait, we’ll see.

Are you going to share with us on the blog the baby’s sex?
x

Pink Ronnie November 19, 2012 at 10:44 pm

SassandSpice November 21, 2012 at 2:19 am

You are looking fantastic girl!!! I can’t believe how neat your bump is! Can’t wait to hear the sex!!

SassandSpice November 21, 2012 at 2:20 am

Oh and I love the chevron printed skirt! Very summer! Digging the colours!