Project Life, Weeks 29 and 30

Week 29 was the dreaded week of the flu. I remember spending most of that week in bed, wondering whether I would ever walk, eat or blog again. Everybody else in the family seemed to recover more quickly than I did. The top right photo is actually a shot of bacon and eggs – one of the few dishes I managed to keep down that week. Next year, I really must consider getting the flu shot.

I think this is one of the prettiest layouts in my entire Project Life album so far, mainly because I was able to include the photos of the cabbage flowers that I took that week. I remember buying them to cheer myself up after more than a week in bed. They did the job beautifully, and even managed to spark my interest in photographing flowers.

Week 30, and as you can see, the cabbage flowers were still going strong (they seemed to last forever!). But even more special was the fact that Rick bought me native proteas for our eighth wedding anniversary. I also had a coffee date with Angus that week, which was just gorgeous, and Rick made his mum’s famous caramel sauce which we dribbled over vanilla ice cream. One word: Yum. Or maybe two words: So yum.

There are a few photos in this layout from our first golden hour story, as well as a couple of shots of the boys running around, chasing bubbles like their life depended on it. Seriously, they make me laugh so hard, those boys…

Even though Project Life can seem like a huge project, to me, it’s become a simple matter of choosing my favourite fifteen photos for the week, adding dates and minimal text, printing them out, slipping them into pockets and typing up a single journalling card that recaps the week’s events. Easy. I think I’ve got it down to just half an hour now, which adds up to just over a day’s work over the course of the year. A day’s work for just the most amazing record of our year as a family together. Totally worth it.

You can read my other Project Life posts here.

Materials used: Becky Higgins Design A page protector; Kodak 170gsm glossy photo paper. All photos printed on the Canon MP630 Pixma.

(Linking up with The Mom Creative.)

libbywilko October 16, 2012 at 8:00 am

Love the flower photography, the turned out beautifully! Thanks for sharing your weeks.

Sarah Ann Noel October 16, 2012 at 8:51 am

I’m just catching up on the Project Life idea and I LOVE it! Just so cool!

Pink Ronnie October 18, 2012 at 11:40 am

It’s the best and well worth considering especially when you have a family… Check out Becky’s site at http://beckyhiggins.com for more details! Or you can email me too. :)

Jane October 16, 2012 at 10:38 am

I love this. So inspiring and pretty. Thanks so much for sharing. Especially the details and materials used!

Christine October 16, 2012 at 11:48 am

the photos are so beautiful! this is such a brilliant idea, thanks alot for sharing :)

Pink Ronnie October 18, 2012 at 11:41 am

Thanks Christine and happy that you stopped by.

Lilly @projectlittlesmith October 16, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I’m really inspired by all of your work to try to get more photos printed instead of just floating around digitally. Your albums are really beautiful.

xo Lilly

Pink Ronnie October 18, 2012 at 11:42 am

Thanks so much Lilly. I think printed is ultimately more special than digital… and I love seeing our boys and our parents flipping through the albums – smiling, laughing and remembering.

trishie October 16, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Sorry to hear you are sick Ronnie! Get better soon. I’ve had the flu vaccine the last couple of years and found it did help.

The cabbage flowers look gorgeous, glad they worked in cheering you up.

Happy eighth wedding anniversary, you guys are such a great couple. xx

Pink Ronnie October 18, 2012 at 11:43 am

Thx Trishie – the flu was actually two months ago (I’m behind in my posting of my Project Life layouts so it’s a bit confusing!).

Veronica October 16, 2012 at 3:11 pm

i love cabbage flowers. you have captured them beautifully. i hope your feeling much better soon. take good care. xo

rooth October 17, 2012 at 3:21 am

You’ve really got the process down Ronnie – hopefully you’ll just become more and more efficient at it

Latrina October 17, 2012 at 4:56 am

Wow! I can’t believe you make those sweet layouts in just 30 minutes now… but I suppose you do have A LOT of practice. :) So adorable, Ronnie. As always, I just love them. I really like the page of the cabbage flowers…. not just because it’s purple (my favorite) or because it’s flowers… but because it seems to represent YOU… there’s no family portraits… no kids… just the things that you love & make you happy (outside of family) It’s a great Ronnie page!

Pink Ronnie October 18, 2012 at 11:44 am

Thanks Latrina. Some days I’m still slow (especially when I’m distracted by blogs) but if I put my head down and focus, it doesn’t take long at all. And practice does make it easier…

tammie October 17, 2012 at 11:43 am

gor.geous. love the dreamy quality in your layouts!!

Pink Ronnie October 18, 2012 at 11:44 am

Thanks Tammie, and it’s really lovely to have you here.

Camille October 17, 2012 at 11:47 am

This is SUCH a beautiful idea. And your photographs and layout will be such a treasured keepsake later down the line. I might have to take something like this on board for the new year if you don’t mind me borrowing your idea!

Pink Ronnie October 18, 2012 at 11:45 am

Hi Camille,
Thanks for visiting here. And absolutely you must borrow this idea! It’s not even my idea – Project Life was started by Becky Higgins. Like I mentioned above, visit her website http://beckyhiggins.com for more details especially concerning other products that you can use in the album… feel free to email me with questions too! :)

Hayley October 17, 2012 at 12:15 pm

This is beautiful. You are so creative! I noticed in your about that you live on the Northern Beaches. I do too – such a small world : ). Xx

Cerise October 17, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Beautiful photos this week! Love the cabbage flowers, they are so lovely. I hope when I finally get caught up and am working on current weeks that I will be able to take 30 mins -1 hour. That’s wonderful that you can.

Pink Ronnie October 18, 2012 at 11:46 am

Thanks Cerise. And here’s to catching up! (I only started in Week 14 this year so still have the first 13 weeks on my to do list…)

Fiona October 17, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Lovely pages! I love all the colour popping out, especially the red! It’s fun to see those pictures again. I’m amazed that you can get it done so quickly…it takes me a LOT longer than that! And, caramel sauce? Yum! I’d LOVE a recipe!
Hugs, Fiona

Pink Ronnie October 18, 2012 at 11:46 am

Hey Fi,
I’ll have to ask Rick’s mum for it! Will let you know…

Fiona October 18, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Awesome! Thanks, Ronnie :)

Chantel October 18, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Your pages are stunning as always Ronnie. Every time you post I am in awe over your photos. Spectacular!