The Healthy Chef

When we’re out with the boys on a day off, Rick and I usually opt for milkshakes and club sandwiches. However, on one particular occasion last month (namely, after we realised we needed to change our somewhat unhealthy eating habits), we stumbled upon The Healthy Chef in Avalon Beach.

Four things I noted amidst the chaos of eating out with our boys (clockwise from top left):

1) The quinoa tabouli was good. And healthy.

2) The window seating was very cushy, with lots of cushions.

3) They had high chairs. Big tick.

4) They served Campos coffee (can you spot the famous green cups?). Double big tick.

Also worth a mention is that the staff were extremely patient with us, even though there is no doubt in my mind our boys exceeded the standard threshold of ‘noise making’ for about three quarters of our time there.

Yes, I had to sneak in a photo of my boys. And yes, they make me smile. (Your guess is as good as mine what Pete is accusing Angus of there.)

The Healthy Chef
17 Avalon Parade, Avalon Beach, Sydney
Open 7 days a week for breakfast and lunch
6am – 5pm

Hailey March 12, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Oooh, this looks lovely Ronnie! Good on you for heading to cafes with your poppets- the only way they get used to it is by doing it, after all. So what if there was a bit of noise, it’s always encouraging to see other families out and about. If the food was yummy and the coffee suitably smooth and reviving, so much the better!

Pink Ronnie March 13, 2012 at 11:38 pm

I could only do it with the three of them if Rick is there too! The older they get, the easier it gets…. I hope. Being prepared wins half the battles… most of the time. :)
Lovely to hear from you!

jillian m. {coffee, light and sweet} March 12, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Seriously…I’m absolutely convinced that your boys are amongst the cutest kids I’ve ever seen!

Pink Ronnie March 13, 2012 at 11:38 pm

Haha, thanks Jillian. They’re very flattered.

kristina March 13, 2012 at 3:46 am

your boys are too cute ronnie, you’ve sure got your hands full haha! and this place looks fantastic too, nice photo! p.s. milkshakes + club sandwiches sound so great right about now ;) ;)
xo

Pink Ronnie March 13, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Trust me Kristina, go to as many cafes and restaurants as you possibly can before you start trying for a family!!! :)

gretchen/juneatnoon March 16, 2012 at 1:11 am

That sounds like such a great place! Wish I had one here….

Ailun March 16, 2012 at 2:46 am

That salad looks delicious. I wish there were more restaurants serving healthy food, even here in the U.S food capital that is New York City, food in many restaurants here are too greasy for my taste, I find that cooking at home (or just going raw and making salad) is much healthier, and tastier too!

Pink Ronnie March 20, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Healthy places to eat have become quite trend here in Sydney, I think. Anyway, thanks for visiting Allun and for taking the time to comment!

jaclyn @ thelateafternoon March 23, 2012 at 4:16 pm

that last photo is absolutely adorable!!